Water Damage Repair In Rancho Santa Margarita
98% of people will experience water damage at some point in their lives. Fortunately, Flood Pro is always ready to help those in the Rancho Santa Margarita area. Whether water damage comes from flooding, broken pipes, or sewage leaks, Flood Pro has the resources to cleanup and repair the mess quickly. There are preventative measures you can take to help ward off water damage, but if water does cause a problem to your home or business, contact Flood Pro for emergency water damage repair immediately.
- Periodically walk through your home and check around all water sources. This means under sinks, around the dishwasher, behind and around the washing machine, etc. Look for signs of leakage and water damage.
- Inspect roof and rain gutters. Our homes make wonderful shelters, but we need to remember that they often get the brunt of the weather. Examine rain gutters for any sign of blockage, and make it a point to clean them out at least twice a year. Check your roof for loose shingles, decay, or places that may require additional patching. This will prevent leakage, and in the long run, unsuspected water damage.
- Keep pipes from freezing during the winter months. One of the main causes of water damage in the winter is a busted pipe. This happens when water freezes. When water freezes, it expands. Because pipes aren’t flexible, the pressure from the expanding ice is released by ripping through the pipe. To keep pipes from freezing, they must be kept warm. It’s a good idea to keep cupboards and doors open at night, or while away on an extended stay. Patch any holes in the walls. Be sure there is a sufficient amount of insulation around the pipes. It may be necessary to purchase some heating tape to wrap around the more exposed pipes.
- Be aware of outside drainage, and foundation condition. Make sure water spouts are directed further into the yard, or at least away from the foundation of the building. Look for cracks in the foundation. These cracks act as another entryway for water. Fill the cracks once you see them! The natural elements are really good at making these cracks worse and worse if they are not patched when first noticed.
Signs Of Water Damage
- Water marks
- Standing water, or apparent leakage
If you notice any of these signs, contact a water damage repair specialist immediately! When it comes to water damage, timing is everything. The longer you wait, the more damage the water is silently accomplishing. There is always more to water damage than what meets the eye. Attempting to carry out the cleanup process by yourself can result in further, more extensive damage later on. Water damage experts know what to check, and have the tools to successfully extract and eliminate water from the affected area.
Services To Inquire About
Professional Water Damage Repair In Rancho Santa Margarita
When you happen upon a water emergency, you can be rest assured you’ll be in the good hands with the water damage repair specialists at Flood Pro in Rancho Santa Margarita.