Why You Should Not Ignore Water Damage And Get It Taken Care Of Immediately

Why You Should Not Ignore Water Damage And Get It Taken Care Of Immediately

water damage restoration irvine caWater damage is very discouraging to discover in your home, whether caused by a broken pipe, leaky roof, or broken appliance. You might want to put it off and deal with it another day when you have more time or can afford it better. However, waiting to take care of any water damage is a dangerous thing to do.

Water Damage Can Wear Down Your Home’s Structure And Foundation

Believe it or not, water is one of the most vital substances on earth. It can wear down rocks over long periods of time. Water that is stuck in your house’s walls or floors will not dry up on its own. As it sits there, it will wear down the materials that make up your home, like wood, drywall, and insolation. It can even wear down your foundation if it manages to get in it. If you see signs of water damage on the surface of your walls or floor, it is most likely even wetter inside where you cannot see it. Pointing a fan at it will not dry it up. A professional water restoration company with the proper equipment and expertise needs to come in and clean it up to ensure the problem is fixed and no further water damage will occur.

Damp Areas Can Lead To Mold Growth Within 24 Hours

Mold and mildew can be very dangerous, especially if you are living with them in your home. Breathing in their toxins can be highly hazardous to your health, especially if you have asthma, allergies, and respiratory issues. It is also unsafe if you have any kind of weakened immune system. Water damage in your home can cause mold to grow in as little as 24 hours. Once it is there, the mold will grow and spread. That is why you do not want to wait to get water damage cleaned up—the sooner you get rid of it, the less likely mold will form. If mold or mildew grows in your home, it is vital to ensure it is completely removed and cleaned to prevent it from coming back.

Wet Electric Wiring Is Incredibly Risky To Live With

We do not usually have to spend a lot of time thinking about what is inside the walls of our homes, keeping everything working safely. Your walls are full of intricate electric wiring that keeps your lights on and your appliances running. If there is water damage inside the walls, those electric wires could be at risk of getting wet. Water and electricity do not mix, and it could put you at risk of electric shock. Water conducts electricity, so when they mix, it could even cause a spark that catches fire. 

Water Damage Restoration—Irvine, California

If you discover water damage in your home, it is important to ensure it is cleaned immediately. Do not wait to ensure your home is safe if you think it is inside your walls, floors, or ceilings. Call Flood Pro to repair and restore water damage so you can have peace of mind.

Call to Schedule Service!

Call Today (949) 229-6990